Ford 5R110 Transmission
JASPER remanufactured Ford 5R110 Torqshift transmissions are built to meet or exceed OEM measured standards and have a 3 year/100,000 mile nationwide, transferable parts and labor warranty. Click here for complete warranty information. Remember, this is a completely remanufactured automatic transmission assembled to exacting tolerances and live-run dynamometer tested for reliability.
The 5R110 transmission is used extensively in such popular applications as the F250, F350, F450 & F550 Series trucks.
The 5R110 Torqshift transmission is susceptible to issues that include: converter lockup lining failure and shudder; line pressure instability; pump wear, front seal leaks and fluid contamination; as well as clutch and unit failure. JASPER has addressed these issues to improve the reliability of this automatic transmission.
JASPER remanufacturing advantages include:
- Installation of a NEW forged/billet converter front cover on 2003 - 2008 applications to prevent flexing at the studs and to ensure full contact of the lockup piston with the front cover to prevent shudder.
- 100% reaming and vacuum testing of the pressure regulator valve bore for consistent line pressure.
- Replacement of the early-style pressure regulator valve with the late style to maintain consistent line pressure.
- Pump gears are 100% Phos dipped to prevent dry start-up and to keep gears from seizing with the pump.
- Installation of a machine-in-place bushing in the pump housing to provide correct alignment between the pump bushing and converter hub.
- Hub is welded into the coast drum to prevent the hub from breaking out of the drum on 2009 and later applications.
- Early-style low/reverse snap ring is updated to the latest style to keep the ring from rotating in the case.
- 2003 - 2007: Low/reverse diode is replaced and updated to the late style to prevent side load (JASPER uses a two-lock strut vs. a one-lock strut). The reverse diode is prone to failure if starved for lube oil.
- JASPER updates the early-style spring retainer for the low/reverse clutch to prevent the snap ring from popping off resulting in metal contamination, clutch failure and unit failure.
- JASPER restakes all early-style reverse planetary pinion pins with 12 tons of pressure to prevent pinion walkout.
- 100% remanufactured low/reverse clutch on the 2008 - 2011 one-piece planetary to ensure long life.
- 100% replacement of early-style BA and CA solenoids with updated, more robust BB and AB solenoids.
- 100% dynamometer tested for proper gear ratios, line pressure, cooler pressure and flow, noise and correct MLPS switch voltage.
Go to our online catalog to get a price on a JASPER 5R110 automatic transmission for your specific vehicle application. Most applications of the JASPER remanufactured 5R110 transmission are available immediately from our huge distribution network across the U.S. This means you can be up and running again quickly and reliably. So, as soon as you get a price from our online catalog, just click on the “Find an Installer” icon to find the installer closest to you.
Full warranty disclosure available on our website or upon request. Specifications subject to change without notice.