DIFFERENTIALS AND REAR AXLE ASSEMBLIES: THE JASPER PROCESS
3 YEAR/100,000 MILE WARRANTY
JASPER can offer this beefy warranty on our remanufactured rear axle assemblies and differentials because every one of them goes through our extensive "Do It Right" process that ensures worry-free operation. Click here
to for complete warranty information.
- Complete disassembly
- Thorough cleaning
- Rust stripper
- Final wash
- Critical inspection is given to all areas of housing and gear assemblies.
- Inner pinion bearing bore inspection for spin damage, typical of a lubricant-related failure, and miking for conformance to dimensional tolerances.
- Miking and visual inspection of the axle end, as well as inner and outer wheel bearing and wheel seal surfaces, for wear and damage.
- Gear inspection at multiple points throughout the remanufacturing process.
- Inspection of carrier and pilot bearing bores for correct size and roundness to avoid premature bearing failure.
- Thrust washers
- Pinion bearings are preloaded to specifications.
- All gears are lubricated.
- Ring and pinion are replaced only in matched sets.
- Torquing of all bolts to O.E.M. specifications.
- Precise measurement of runout as applicable to differential design due to its influence on adjustments to backlash and the tooth contact pattern. JASPER limits runout to .008 of an inch, with some units requiring specifications as close as .003 of an inch.
- Inspection for correct backlash clearance to assure proper gear lubrication for reduced noise and to avoid overheating, especially in severe-duty applications.
- Exact adjustments of tooth contact pattern, within thousandths, for minimum gear noise and reduced fatigue. The contact pattern must meet O.E.M. drive and coast-side requirements.
- Gauge block inspection assures correct dimensional tolerances in order to reduce gear noise.
JASPER offers immediate availability on most popular differentials. JASPER delivers availability through a large and growing network of branches throughout the country. JASPER quality remanufactured components are available from coast to coast and beyond.
Install JASPER with confidence. Every JASPER rear axle and differential assembly is backed by a nationwide warranty. JASPER differentials and axle assemblies for cars and trucks receive 3 year/100,000 mile parts & labor coverage. A technical hotline (1-800-827-7455) and 24 hour 7 day emergency warranty information are also available. Click here
to view our limited warranty.