Chrysler 5.7L Hemi Engine
JASPER remanufactured Chrysler 5.7L Hemi engines are built to meet or exceed OEM measured standards and have a 3 year/100,000 mile nationwide, transferable parts and labor warranty. Click here for complete warranty information. Remember, this is a completely remanufactured gasoline engine, assembled to exacting tolerances and live-run tested for reliability.
The Hemi 5.7L engine is widely used in such popular Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep applications as the Ram pickup trucks, Durango, 300, Magnum, Charger, Grand Cherokee, Commander, Aspen and Challenger.
The 5.7L Hemi engine is susceptible to issues that include: dropped valve seats, head gasket leaks, oil consumption, dry start-up, piston scuffing, valve guide wear, low oil pressure/knocking, bearing damage, oil leaks and runability issues. JASPER’s research and development team has addressed these issues to improve the reliability of this Hemi engine.
JASPER remanufacturing advantages include:
- Early-style heads receive tighter press-fit seats to ensure seat retention.
- Surface finish on heads and blocks are machined to a 50-150 Rz finish to protect against external leaks.
- Installation of MLS (Multi-Layered Steel) head gaskets with a larger firing ring bore to improve sealing and more robust in design to maintain OE compression ratio.
- JASPER includes a stronger, more robust piston ring pack for greater durability, better heat resistance and improved oil control as compared to OE.
- Torque-plate honed to simulate cylinder bore distortion, which occurs after block/head assembly, ensuring correct bore roundness.
- Re-engineered JASPER piston design features:
- Additional center skirt drainbacks for 3X more oil return.
- Full-floating pin to reduce pin bore scuffing.
- Twice the piston skirt (thrust area) for improved durability and reduced scuffing tendency.
- Graphite coated piston skirts help prevent piston scuffing and dry start-up.
- 100% installation of NEW nitrided intake & exhaust valves for improved heat resistance and reduced valve guide wear.
- Micro-polished crankshafts are machined to exact tolerances for improved, more precise oil tolerances and longer bearing life.
- Crankshafts are micro-polished to pre-use finish.
- Crankshafts are machined to JASPER’s exact and proven specifications.
- High-temperature fluoroelastomer polymer (FPM) rear seal is installed to prevent oil leaks.
- Every engine is live-run tested to verify proper compression, vacuum and oil pressure. JASPER also performs a black light leak test to ensure the unit is leak free.
Please visit our Video Library to learn more about some of the quality processes we perform to this engine family.
Check out our online catalog for pricing on a JASPER remanufactured 5.7L Hemi for your car or truck. Most applications of the JASPER 5.7L Hemi engine are available immediately through our large distribution network across the U.S. This means you can be up and running again quickly and reliably. So, as soon as you get a price from our online catalog, just click on the “Find an Installer” icon to find the installer closest to you.
Full warranty disclosure available on our website or upon request. Specifications subject to change without notice.