GM Gen III & IV
JASPERremanufactured GM Gen III and IV family of engines are built to meet or exceed OEM measured standards and have a 3 year/100,000 mile nationwide, transferable parts and labor warranty. Click here for complete warranty information. Remember, these are completely remanufactured gas engines assembled to exacting tolerances and live-run tested for reliability.
The Gen III and IV family of engines used extensively in such popular applications as the C/K Series pick-up trucks, Tahoes, Suburbans and Yukons.
The Gen III and IV family of engines is susceptible to issues that include: oil consumption; valve guide wear, lifter noise (Gen IV applications); as well as cracked cylinder heads with resulting coolant loss. JASPER has addressed these issues to improve the reliability of this family of engines.
JASPER remanufacturing advantages include:
- Cylinder heads are 100% pressure tested and torqued under an additional load to identify cracks at the center head bolt bosses (damaged heads are discarded).
- JASPER-designed pistons offer profiled ring lands for scuff resistance under load, increased strength to withstand higher combustion pressures and improved stability to reduce blow-by.
- 100% use of graphite-coated pistons prevent scuffing and wear, and by using tighter piston-to-bore clearance JASPER prevents “cold piston slap” and oil consumption.
- JASPER-designed pistons also provide 4X more oil drain back to prevent the rings from sticking.
- Cylinder bores are honed with a steel torque plate that is torqued with Grade 10 ARP bolts to simulate cylinder bore distortion, which occurs after head assembly, ensuring correct bore roundness for improved ring sealing.
- 100% installation of an oil pressure relief valve on all 2007 and later applications to redirect oil to the pan (standard from O.E. on 2011 and later applications).
- 100% NEW installation of nitrided valves to prevent valve guide wear and oil consumption by improving durability and reducing friction.
- Latest-design Active Fuel Management (AFM) lifters are installed to increase oil flow during start-up and to reduce lifter noise (2005 - present).
- JASPER-remanufactured oil pump includes a more rigid spring, tighter clearance for backing plate flatness and is tested for increased oil pressure and flow.
- Oil pump, oil pan, timing cover and rear cover are installed and NEW exhaust manifold bolts are included.
- 100% Live-Run Testing, for your assurance of reliability, includes:
- Compression, vacuum and oil pressure testing
- VVT cam phaser testing and/or AFM solenoid testing where applicable
- Black Light testing for leaks
Please visit our GM Gen III, IV, V Product Page to learn more about some of the quality processes we perform to this engine family.
Go to our online catalog to get a price on one of the Gen III or IV family of engines for your specific vehicle application. Most applications of the JASPER remanufactured 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0 and 6.2 liter engines are available immediately from our huge distribution network across the U.S. This means you can be up and running again quickly and reliably. So, as soon as you get a price from our online catalog, just click on the Find an Installer icon to find the installer closest to you.
Full warranty disclosure available on our website or upon request. Specifications subject to change without notice.