Chrysler 3.6L Pentastar
JASPER® remanufactured Chrysler 3.6L Pentastar engines are built to meet, or exceed, OEM measured standards and have a 3 year/100,000 mile nationwide, transferable parts and labor warranty. Click here for complete warranty information. Our 3.6L Pentastar is a completely remanufactured engine with new wear parts, exacting tolerances, and live-run tested reliability.
The 3.6L Pentastar engine is commonly used in popular applications such as the Chrysler 200 and 300; Dodge Avenger, Challenger, Charger, Durango, and Grand Caravan; Jeep Grand Cherokee and Wrangler; and RAM 1500 and ProMaster.
The original 3.6L Pentastar engine is susceptible to issues that include: engine misfire (dropped valve seats, and valve guide wear), rod bearing failure, dry start-up and piston scuffing, oil consumption, piston slap, head gasket failure, engine oil contamination, low oil pressure, VVT failure and reliability.
JASPER remanufacturing advances include:
- 100% replacement of early-style cylinder head valve seats with copper-infiltrated seats for improved heat dissipation and reduced wear.
- 100% installation of NEW nitrided valves for improved heat resistance and reduced valve guide wear.
- Valve guides are air-gauge tested to verify proper clearance between valve and guide.
- 100% installation of NEW high-strength, Class 12.9 rod bolts to eliminate stretching, which can lead to bearing failure.
- JASPER-designed piston with graphite coating helps prevent dry start-up and piston scuffing.
- JASPER-designed pistons include 28% more major thrust bearing area to prevent dry start-up and piston scuffing.
- Stronger JASPER-engineered pistons have a smooth, fully-machined, anodized crown which provides a thermal barrier and reduces carbon buildup.
- JASPER’s piston design includes additional oil return holes (12 total) for increased oil drainback, to reduce oil consumption and prevent the oil rings from sticking.
- JASPER installs a robust, two-piece 2.0mm oil ring for improved oil control.
- JASPER piston rings include a steel top ring that has a PVD and DLC coating for longevity and less friction.
- Additional accumulator groove is machined into the piston to decrease the pressure between the first and second ring land, preventing the upper (compression) ring from unsealing at higher RPMs.
- 100% installation of synthetic, rubber-based PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) valve stem seals.
- 100% torque plate honing of engine block, utilizing a torque plate and specially-designed, ARP2000® bolts, provides cylinder wall geometry that matches the cylinder head as a complete running assembly, for improved ring sealing.
- JASPER-designed pistons include 20% more pin bearing area for better stability.
- JASPER installs a thicker, PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) coated MLS (Multi-layer steel) head gasket.
- Block and heads are resurfaced to a 50–150 Rz finish.
- 100% installation of NEW engine oil cooler, and for ease of installation, assembly includes: oil temperature sensor, oil pressure sensor, knock sensor, and adapter harness.
- 100% installation of a remanufactured oil pump that has been tested on JASPER-designed, stand-alone, oil pump testing equipment. Oil pressure and flow are measured with the solenoid on and off.
- VVT’s are hydraulically tested using a state-of-the-art oil-controlled, test stand.
- 100% live-run tested to verify proper compression, vacuum and oil pressure.
- 100% tested intake and exhaust cam actuators to verify proper performance.
- 100% black light leak tested to ensure the unit is leak free.
Please visit our Video Library to learn more about some of the quality processes we perform to this engine family.
Check out our online catalog for pricing on a JASPER remanufactured 3.6L Pentastar engine for your car or truck. Most applications of the JASPER 3.6L Pentastar engine are available immediately through our large distribution network across the U.S. This means you can be up and running again quickly and reliably. So, as soon as you get a price from our online catalog, just click on the Find an Installer icon to find the installer closest to you.
Full warranty disclosure available on our website or upon request. Specifications subject to change without notice.