JASPER remanufactured 4.6, 5.4 and 6.8 two valve and three valve gas engines are built to meet or exceed OEM measured standards and have a 3 year/100,000 mile nationwide, transferable parts and labor warranty. Click here for a complete warranty disclosure. Remember, this is a completely remanufactured engine with new wear parts, exacting tolerances and live-run tested reliability.
The 4.6, 5.4 and 6.8 Triton engines have been used extensively in such popular applications as the Ford Explorer and Expedition, E Series vans and F Series trucks, Explorer Sport Trac, Mustang, Crown Vic as well as the Lincoln Mark LT, Town Car and Navigator.
This Triton engine family is susceptible to issues with low oil pressure, spark plugs, general and valve train noise, engine rattle, knocking and ticking noises, noise under acceleration, timing components and the cam phaser. JASPER has addressed these issues to improve the reliability of this engine family.
JASPER remanufacturing advantages include:
- Updated high-volume oil pump to ensure proper pressure to the VVT on 3-valve applications
- Cam bearing clearances are maintained through the use of CNC and spray welding technology to reduce upper end noise
- Nitrided valves improve durability and reduce friction
- Torque plate boring and honing provide cylinder wall geometry that matches the cylinder head as a complete running assembly to improve ring sealing and eliminate blow-by of oil into the combustion chamber
- M.L.S. (Multi-Layered Steel) head gaskets offer superior protection against gasket leakage
- Exclusive JASPER piston design provides stronger ring lands and a graphite coating to prevent dry start-up and piston scuffing
- Moly rings are installed to reduce friction for increased durability through reduced cylinder wall wear
- O.E.M. rear main seals offer synthetic PTFE protection against damage from heat and oil additives
- Live-Run Testing, with Data Acquisition and other assessments for your assurance of reliability, includes:
- Compression, Vacuum and Oil Pressure testing
- Cam/Crank Correlation to ensure proper valve timing
- VVT Cam Phaser testing on 3-valve applications
Please visit our Ford Triton Product Page to learn more about some of the quality processes we perform to this engine family.
Go to our online catalog to get a price on a JASPER 4.6, 5.4 or 6.8 engine for your specific vehicle application. Most applications of the JASPER remanufactured Triton family of gas engines are available immediately from our huge distribution network across the U.S. This means you can be up and running again quickly and reliably. So, as soon as you get a price from our online catalog, just click on the Find an Installer icon to find the installer closest to you.