Ford 4R75W Transmission
JASPER remanufactured Ford 4R75W transmissions are built to meet or exceed OEM measured standards and have a 3 year/100,000 mile nationwide, transferable parts and labor warranty. Click here for complete warranty information. JASPER remanufactured automatic transmissions are completely assembled to exacting tolerances and live-run dynamometer tested for reliability.
The 4R75W transmission is widely used in such popular applications as the F150 Series truck, E150 Series van, Explorer, Expedition, Crown Victoria, Mustang, Thunderbird, Town Car, Mark VIII, Cougar, Grand Marquis, Mountaineer and Marauder.
The 4R75W transmission is prone to issues that include: loss or slipping of forward gears, harsh shifts, direct clutch failure, intermediate clutch failure, delayed reverse, low line pressure, delayed engagement, delayed/no lock-up, front seal leaks and pump noise. JASPER has addressed these issues to improve the reliability of this automatic transmission family.
JASPER remanufacturing advantages include:
- Installation of NEW updated billet forward drum, with a solid snap ring groove, where applicable, to eliminate fatigue due to higher pressure and multiple engagements.
- Snap ring on the intermediate clutch is replaced with a wrap-style snap ring and staked retainer to prevent the snap ring from popping off causing intermediate sprag failure and eventual unit failure.
- Installation of a 4-plate intermediate clutch to increase torque capacity and decrease premature failures.
- 100% Boost valve kit replacement (high wear point) to prevent delayed reverse, reverse shudder, and poor reverse boost.
- 100% pressure regulator valve replacement (high wear point) to prevent low line pressure rise, soft shift, and delayed engagement.
- 100% bypass converter clutch sleeve and plunger valve kit replacement (high wear point) to prevent delayed lock-up, no lock-up, and shudder condition.
- JASPER Exclusive - 100% installation of updated synthetic rubber-molded accumulator piston to reduce wear.
- All units include a 6-plate direct clutch for improved durability.
- Installation of an additional third plate on the separator plate to prevent direct clutch failure.
- 100% replacement of low servo modulator spring to maintain manual low pressure.
- Finish-in-place bushing and lathing process ensures pump bushing concentricity and alignment to improve bushing to converter hub contact and prevent front seal leaks, pump noise, and fluid contamination.
- Police applications include a modified rooster comb to prevent low roller sprag failure and a 7-plate direct clutch for increase durability.
- 100% dynamometer tested for proper gear ratios, line pressure, cooler pressure and flow, and noise. Direct and forward clutch are tested, on and off, to verify that there are no cross leaks between the two.
Please visit our Video Library to learn more about some of the quality processes we perform to this transmission family.
Visit our online catalog to get a price on a JASPER 4R75W automatic transmission for your specific vehicle application. Most applications of the JASPER remanufactured 4R75W transmission are available immediately from our huge distribution network across the U.S. This means you can be up and running again quickly and reliably. So, as soon as you get a price from our online catalog, just click on the Find an Installer icon to find the installer nearest to you.
Full warranty disclosure available on our website or upon request. Specifications subject to change without notice.